Decoding Our Money Messages – Part 1
Podcast Series: The Maven’s Keys to Financial Contentment
The Maven’s Keys to Financial Contentment is my idea that true financial contentment can be found when an overlap of money and beliefs occur. Many people ask the question of how to be “financially content” and this is a discussion to uncover those answers.
(CHECK OUT OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR THE VIDEO VERSION)
George Kinder from 7 Stages of Money Maturity – (3:30)
- The Seven Stages of Money Maturity: Understanding the Spirit and Value of Money in Your Life
- Financial Planning is a form of “Life Planning”
- Page 6…”That most important money maturity offers the ease and success that come from letting go of old painful patterns around money and learning how to create your own life based on a deepened understanding of your power and purpose.“
- Page 6 …“As my clients and students came to terms with lifelong messages about money and let them go they discovered the clarity to take practical steps like building a budget creating an investment plan or redirecting the careers toward work they truly wanted.”
The lenses we wear (7:46)
- Our BELIEF SYSTEMS around money start forming as early as CHILDHOOD EXPERIENCES. We may have seen our parents or siblings act a certain way with money and we have been replaying that message in our minds (subconsciously or otherwise) for many years by the time we reach adulthood.
- In an effort to “decode your money messages”, we inevitably go through several “progressions” with our money as we mature and evolve. Realizing our behaviors are based on beliefs that get us results, we have to make sure we always are progressing towards TRUTH.
- To truly “decode your money message”, you have to begin to divorce yourself from your emotions around money.
Sound bumps provided by www.bensound.com