Retirement: 10 Must-Haves for Your Financial Plan to Work When You Stop
Hosted By: Dominique J. Henderson, Sr., CFP® (Send me an email)
Link to Show Episode (For mobile users)
Are you ready for retirement?
You say: “No way man, I’m still young!” or “I’ll never retire, I love what I do!”
All good points–congratulations on having a great attitude. (smile)
The other day the Wall Street Journal released an article discussing how the generation of Baby-Boomers are entering retirement the “least prepared” of any generation in history
(see story here: https://on.wsj.com/2lKi3M0).
What does that mean?
Well, I believe there are several implications:
-what were the causes of their unpreparedness
-what impact will this have on their families
-what impact will this have on their lives
-what impact will this have on the economy
And probably most importantly (you may be thinking), how can I avoid their mistakes?
(GET A FREE PORTFOLIO ANALYSIS>>>>http://bit.ly/DJHCM_RTQ)
The “Must-Haves” list:
1) Must Have access to cash penalty free.
2) Must have multiple streams of cash flow.
3) Must have no debt (or be near).
4) Must have a spend-down strategy.
5) Must have a strategy to reduce taxes.
6) Must have a portfolio that generates income (not just capital gains).
7) Must have tax free investments.
8) Must have proper insurance.
9) Must have updated estate plan.
10) Must have a PURPOSE.
TOOLS FOR GROWTH
- Want to connect with others that think like you? Join my Facebook group: “Creating Your Roadmap to Financial Contentment” —Join Here!
- Where do you stand financially–Take our quiz!
- Upgrade your life….check out The Maven’s Financial Boot Camp: https://djhendersonsr.com/ecourse
#financialliteracy #economicempowerment #personaldevelopment #behavioralfinance #financialadvice #financialcontentment #episode040
HOW TO STAY IN TOUCH
Thanks so much for watching and listening. Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
If you’d like more information about DJH Capital Management, you can visit https://www.djh-capital.com. You can also read more informative articles about financial literacy, economic empowerment, and personal development at https://www.djhendersonsr.com.
WHERE TO FIND US
Sound bumps provided by www.bensound.com